Special Service Message 51663 - 2021-2023 Expedition + F-150 - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SSM 51663 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up

2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls. To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

rcmaraviov

Reaction score
This is happening with my car and I can’t get it to replicate the problem. Has anyone officially had this happen and can you confirm that the fix works ? I have two small babies that I cannot have this happen to them. It will blow out their ears. The sound is awful. What a major safety hazard this is for my kids and myself. Any feedback is appreciated

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is happening with my car and I can’t get it to replicate the problem. Has anyone officially had this happen and can you confirm that the fix works ? I have two small babies that I cannot have this happen to them. It will blow out their ears. The sound is awful. What a major safety hazard this is for my kids and myself. Any feedback is appreciated
The software update does correct the issue. Make an appointment with your dealer and let them know you need the repair/update as defined in Special Service Message 51663.

rcmaraviov

Reaction score
SSM 51663 2021-2023 F-150/Expedition - Pop Noise And/Or Static In Speakers At Start Up

2021-2023 F-150/Expedition may exhibit a pop noise and/or static in the speakers at start up that cannot be turned down or off using the audio system controls. To correct the condition, reprogram the audio digital signal processing module (DSP) to the latest software level using the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) diagnostic scan tool. For claiming, use causal part 18B849 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
The software update does correct the issue. Make an appointment with your dealer and let them know you need the repair/update as defined in Special Service Message 51663.
Thank you!

OP
OP
H

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For additional clarity, the above-described Expedition feature codes are associated with Bang & Olufsen sound systems.

IDBAP corresponds to...

IDBAP = 12 Radio Speakers = B&O Sound System.jpg

IDBBR corresponds to...

IDBBR = 22 Radio Speakers = B&O Unleashed Sound System.jpg

Good luck!

nrbruss

Reaction score
I’m taking mine in today and showing them the special service message and making them fix it. I’ll let you know.