Speed/load sensitive 'bad bearing' like sound - 2007 EB EL 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

booksix

Reaction score
I've searched extensively but haven't come across quite the same scenario. It goes like this:

I have a speed sensitive rubbing/worn-out-bearing kind of sound (ie: a deep rumble/rub sound that happens once every wheel rotation across all speeds). It increases when I steer right (load on left wheel) and mostly dissappears when I steer left (load removed from left wheel). Switching between 2H and 4AWD has no effect, IWEs have been tested and are fully disengaged when in 2H (what I'm in 99% of the time), a new wheel hub was installed and has even been moved to the other corner just to test (the sound did not move to the other corner), shifting transmission to N has no effect, throttle input (or lack of) has no effect, there is no rubbing on dust shields, rotors are new, tires are new and have been closely inspected/rotated (no noise migration).

I'm at a loss. idk what else would be speed sensitive other than bearing, tire, or IWE (all of which are known ok). Any thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
booksix

booksix

Reaction score
IWEs have been confirmed working so none of that would be spinning in 2H (i mean, in theory i guess)