Sport Mode Downshifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does anyone else have a horrible “lurch” behavior when downshifting in Sport mode? It is so harsh that sometimes it feels like someone is tapping the brakes!

Does it get better as it learns, or is this the expected behavior?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s for sport driving so if you are not driving ‘sporty’ (fast acceleration and hard braking) it will probably feel like you described.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea its rele obnoxious unless you drive aggressive or super smooth

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe you can have a speed tuning shop reprogram your shifting to something a Little softer. Never hurts to ask. That or never put it in sport mode. It is a cushy Expedition, not a Shelby mustang.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Garrett

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if the 5 star tuning can assist with the harsh shifting.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question: when I was trying out sport mode, I noticed it also puts the Expy in 4wd auto. I’m used to old school 4x4 where you do not start 4x4 unless you are on ground that gives a tad when you engage the xfer case. Are the newer 4x4s able to go into 4x4 high on dry pavement without any possibility of damage?

O5111

Reaction score
Question: when I was trying out sport mode, I noticed it also puts the Expy in 4wd auto. I’m used to old school 4x4 where you do not start 4x4 unless you are on ground that gives a tad when you engage the xfer case. Are the newer 4x4s able to go into 4x4 high on dry pavement without any possibility of damage?
Short answer: in 4A, yes.