Squeaky Driver's Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noted when we bought it, and addressed (lubed?) but has since come back.
Driver's door has a squeak, I'm assuming on the detent lever that holds the door at the various open stages. Any recommended lubes to apply to reduce/eliminate the squeak?

Similarly, the driver's door panel has a creak when closed if you press your knee into the armrest portion. Much less of an issue, but have found myself resting my knee on the door while driving & get a creak if I press on it.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noted when we bought it, and addressed (lubed?) but has since come back.
Driver's door has a squeak, I'm assuming on the detent lever that holds the door at the various open stages. Any recommended lubes to apply to reduce/eliminate the squeak?

Similarly, the driver's door panel has a creak when closed if you press your knee into the armrest portion. Much less of an issue, but have found myself resting my knee on the door while driving & get a creak if I press on it.
I've always had good luck using white lithium grease on door mechanisms.

OP
OP
JAMADOR

JAMADOR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, will grab a tube. Need to get stuff to change the oil on the Malibu, so will see if I can get some of that then too.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, will grab a tube. Need to get stuff to change the oil on the Malibu, so will see if I can get some of that then too.
I actually usually use the CRC brand in a spray can. I find it easier to spray into hinges etc. Looks like other companies make a spray as well - I've just always grabbed CRC and had good luck. It tends to cling for a LONG time.

Bonk

Reaction score
(Lots of solutions point to creaky panel and soft tape)

Last edited:

MTB2022

Reaction score
I had a reoccurring door squeak on last f150.It ended up being the small rubber wind gasket at the base of the windshield "A" pillar..... A LITLE SILICONE SPRAY AND IT WOULD GO AWAY .. respray periodically and it will stay away