SSM 50994 2022 Expedition + Other Models - Blank/Inoperative Information And Entertainment Screen - DTC B108E:01 - August 3, 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
SSM 50994 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E/2022 Expedition/F-150 Lightning - Blank/Inoperative Information And Entertainment Screen - DTC B108E:01

Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E, 2022 Expedition/F-150 Lightning vehicles equipped with the 15.5 inch center display screen may experience a blank or inoperative screen with an accessory protocol interface module (APIM) diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B108E:01 present. A touch-beep may be heard when pressing the center display screen in screen region where a soft button is expected to be displayed even though nothing is displayed on the center display screen. This concern may be intermittent and resetting the SYNC module (APIM) may temporarily restore screen function. To correct this condition, follow the Workshop Manual Section 415-00 to replace the 15.5 inch center display screen. For claiming, use base part 10D885 and the applicable labor operations of Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a situation where the screen might be inactive or unresponsive while being the mode of operation of several features is the primary reason I opted against the 15in and once of the reasons for which I chose a limited with the smaller screen. This is not to discredit the big screen, just a matter of factly observation and a question of preference. I love big screens but I am one of those who favors still a few hard buttons for some features. If my screen goes blank, I can live without it for a good while, I have navigation on my phone, I'll have music and HVAC via the available buttons. I hope our folks and those with other large center screen vehicles, do not get much of such issues down the line

TAPatt

Reaction score
I've been having this issue since the car was 5 days old, I bought it on Oct 5 2022.
They have tired to fix it several times and still not working, no Navigation, no radio/sound, no phone connect. Now its a black screen.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a situation where the screen might be inactive or unresponsive while being the mode of operation of several features is the primary reason I opted against the 15in and once of the reasons for which I chose a limited with the smaller screen. This is not to discredit the big screen, just a matter of factly observation and a question of preference. I love big screens but I am one of those who favors still a few hard buttons for some features. If my screen goes blank, I can live without it for a good while, I have navigation on my phone, I'll have music and HVAC via the available buttons. I hope our folks and those with other large center screen vehicles, do not get much of such issues down the line
That is the one thing I am a little concerned about after reading all of these reports recently - I ordered my 2023 with the big screen and I am hoping that it does not die leaving me with no control over the HVAC systems. The rest of it as you point out is also available on cell phones today. But making the car comfortable temperature wise, and controlling the heat and cool for the seats is going to be more critical.