Stage 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nakita23

Reaction score
Has anyone here actually bought the Stage 3 Motorsports package for the Expy? Tuner, exhaust, intake.. Just wondering what real world gains you saw & if it's actually worth their $1,300 price?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their lack of responses to questions via email or Facebook from me keeps me from doing business them.
It is unfortunate as they do put out some very helpful videos on YouTube.

5Star seems to be the go to for tunes around here.

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the Gotts mod with K&N air filter, 3" Gibson cat back exhaust and a stock SCT X4 tuner. All of this only set me back about $750 and I have increased my MPG by 1.9+ and can feel the power difference. If I had to pay $1300 for all of this, I wouldn't have done it.

robl110

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How loud is exhaust? Drone at 75mph?

Kjhawkeye1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is really easy to do and you can google plenty of examples but basically you open up/remove the top of the air box, remove air filter, unbolt the airbox and swap out the snorkels attached to it. Then put it back together..... here is the Ford snorkel part number I used: AL3Z9F721A. Purchased mine on ebay for around $10. Here is another thread for you. https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/gotts-mod.31329/