Starkman's Expedition - Big Red Elephant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What kind of swaybar disconnects do you plan on using? As you most likely know, most upgrades that are available, if any, are geared towards F-150s. I still haven't seen any sway bar disconnects and have also thought about this. Will you also be disconnecting the rear sway bar?

OP
OP
Starkman

Starkman

Reaction score
I may just take the bar off. I ran my Explorer that way for years and because I’m old I don’t drive too fast and never had an issue. I looked at using a link from a new Ford that has a ball joints instead of the factory straight style. Then I was thinking I could cut the shaft and put a collar over and pin it so it can be removable. Explorer Tom did that on his truck (IIRC) and it should work. I may just remove the rear bar, it’s really small and I’m not sure if it matters too much.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never had disconnects on my Expedition. My Explorer had disconnects meant for a Jeep. But then I got rid of the sway bar completely.