Stealth Edition grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1alembic

Reaction score
I was thinking about going the vinyl route also. I have never used vinyl before. Are there any negative long term effects to the chrome if the vinyl is removed at a later time?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I don't have a 4th Gen Expedition, but I'm sure the SSV (police fleet) units have black grilles. Since many SSV's end up in junk yards rather quickly and often before their time, you may check to see the difference between an SSV grille and a stealth grille.

If you like it, even a new one would be relatively cheap compared to its stealth cousin as many fleet parts are discounted heavily by Ford.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It looks like the police package has the same grill as the limited except the Grey painted part is black instead. Which I must say looks pretty good.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was thinking about going the vinyl route also. I have never used vinyl before. Are there any negative long term effects to the chrome if the vinyl is removed at a later time?
If you get a quality vinyl such as Vvivid, it will hold up against time. Heat it up when you apply it and give it a good stretch and then if you wanna take it off, just apply a little heat again. Only thing you may get is a slight bit of glue that stays behind, easily removable. Use a felt covered applicator when applying it so you dont scratch it

Davew72

Reaction score
agreed that is just disappointingly stupid...

When I get my windows tinted I will have them quote a vinyl black out and let you know what they say.
Yeah I sprung for the black Expedition lettering on the hood and its popping off my bros ! Now I just need the black grill, anybody get one yet ??

jking05

Reaction score
I also was thinking about getting one. I like the look of it but not sure which route to go. I guess spray painting it would be easiest but dont want to screw it up.