Steel Facelift (& Suspension Lift)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmoney

Reaction score
Got a new bumper and wanted to show it off :)

4989DE47-8D91-4ECE-A6E0-7C0989B6B6D7.jpeg

I previously lifted suspension with adjustable kit, and got 34”s put on.

After this bumper I will look into spacers to level out the rake.

Anyone have experience lifting a 2nd gen expy? It has seemed to be hard on the tire rod ends just to get this “barely enough” lift. Would love to hear any tips on getting more height and/or resulting adjustments made to brakes or tire rods.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a new bumper and wanted to show it off :)

View attachment 75191

I previously lifted suspension with adjustable kit, and got 34”s put on.

After this bumper I will look into spacers to level out the rake.

Anyone have experience lifting a 2nd gen expy? It has seemed to be hard on the tire rod ends just to get this “barely enough” lift. Would love to hear any tips on getting more height and/or resulting adjustments made to brakes or tire rods.
Looks good!

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can use those blocks that they to sit in between your coil springs to advance your height. It would work pretty good since you have coils in the front and back.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the Rancho Quicklift is the only lift you have on there, you should be able to get away with adding a 3"/2" F/R spacer kit. I've been running the Daystar 3"/2" kit on my 2003 for 7 years and I added the Rancho Quicklift a year ago. I've noticed no adverse affects of using the 2 lifts together. The big tires and lift are hard on the front upper control arms. No company makes aftermarket upgrade UCAs for the 2nd gen, so I bought Moog with a lifetime warranty and swap them out about every 2 years. It's my time and labor, but at least the parts are free. I installed my 3rd replacement set last year when I swapped in the Quicklift assemblies.
20211210_100636.jpg
20211210_100626.jpg

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@cmoney Nice looking rig. where did you get the front bumper. Custom made? I have not found any offroad bumpers for our rigs, or much of anything else.
I lifted mine using coils and bilstein 5100s for the F150, and spacers in the rear with bilstein 4600s. We are pretty limited on available suspension products, so to make the suspension any better I would have to spend $ thousands on custom work. Let me know if you want any other info or photos.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@cmoney Nice looking rig. where did you get the front bumper. Custom made? I have not found any offroad bumpers for our rigs, or much of anything else.
I lifted mine using coils and bilstein 5100s for the F150, and spacers in the rear with bilstein 4600s. We are pretty limited on available suspension products, so to make the suspension any better I would have to spend $ thousands on custom work. Let me know if you want any other info or photos.
This place has a nice heavy duty bumper for 2nd Gen.