Stick-on blind spot mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutchie

Reaction score
Eventhough my mirrors have the BLIS, I’d like to add some blind spot mirrors. Anybody has some experience with the shape that would blend in the most with the main mirror?

Thanks a bunch.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stuck the round convex ones on inch to maybe inch and a quarter in size?

Looks OK, no one has ever commented that they look artificial or silly and they work great in addition to the BLIS.

Many times they have shown me a car that the BLIS was indicating but, after 30 plus of years of driving, my auto-pilot doesn't equate the orange light as a car beside me but does instinctively see the car in the little mirror and the hind-brain waits a few moments before indicating checking and pulling out.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, are you telling us, that an 2018 Expedition with BLIS, negates the integrated blind spot mirrors found on the left and right mirrors of the peasant/poverty package equipped units?

If that's the case, I'd be inclined to buy the mirror (glass only) panes of the lesser optioned Expeditions, and swap them out, unless doing so would negate the features of BLIS, which...as I typed this, realize it probably does. Doubt there will be the illuminated icons provision in the pov pack mirrors.
Damn these OEM's especially Ducati, they are the worst for crushing hopes and dreams.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, stupid Ford, if Red from the 70s show was about he'd be calling them *******!!

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's exactly what the elder Forman would say.
That said, who's the actual *******?
Ford out Ducati'd Ducati, in 2011 with the Mustang driveline.
All new bodystyle in 2010.
Horsepower: 210 to 315 hp
MPG: Up to 18 city / 26 highway
Curb weight: 3,401 to 3,601 lbs
Engine: 4.0 L V6, 4.6 L V8
Transmission: 5-speed automatic, 5-speed manual

THEN the very NEXT model year, same bodystyle, with price differential laughable, you got
Horsepower: 305 to 412 hp
MPG: Up to 19 city / 31 highway
Curb weight: 3,401 to 3,601 lbs
Engine: 3.7 L V6, 5.0 L V8

It really had me stressed, that a month or two after buying my 2018, they'd introduce the Raptor spec'd engine in the base Expedition, or worse, a *******' all new 6.0Liter or bigger, 4 cam V8!!!

Edistobob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I stuck the round convex ones on inch to maybe inch and a quarter in size? . . .

Could you describe where on the mirrors you placed yours? I was afraid that placement could somehow interfere with the BLIS system, but I'm guessing that those sensors are not in the mirrors or their housings. Is that correct?

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bottom outside leaving about 3/16ths of an inch gap to edge of glass at closest points. You can dry fit them with blutack and try them out before committing to adhesive backing

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could you describe where on the mirrors you placed yours? I was afraid that placement could somehow interfere with the BLIS system, but I'm guessing that those sensors are not in the mirrors or their housings. Is that correct?

If it’s like the F150, the BLIS sensors are in the tail lights. Although the F150s have “badging” on the tail lights indicating the inclusion of BLIS and the Expis do not, so I’m not 100% certain.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01