Stick-on blind spot mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can also just adjust the positioning of your mirrors to avoid blind spots. https://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots

The small convex stick-on mirrors can be helpful for towing and backing, but the standard position of your regular mirrors should eliminate blind spots when adjusted correctly. Very few drivers correctly position their side mirrors.
I have tried that approach in the past and am not a fan as I lose the cars 1 or 2 cars back in either lane, effectively I have moved the blind spot back a car length and hope the rear view mirror catches them. In the Expedition, not great. I have always, after years of motorbikes, relied on the lifesaver. A quick glance over the shoulder prior to changing lanes. But the Expeditions large B pillar negates that as well. Sigh

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drive a Ford Transit during the day. Spot mirrors are mandatory on those mirrors. What I don't like is depending on the spots at night, which you kinda have to. Especially right side when trying to merge on freeways. The image is too small, and my night vision ain't what it was.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over the shoulder is a bad idea as it takes your entire field of view off the road in front of you for a couple seconds. In the event that a panic stop situation unfolds in front of you, those couple seconds of lost reaction time can easily be the difference between a nothingburger and an accident resulting in injury or worse.

That exact thing happened to my wife years ago. She wanted to pass a car and turned to look over her shoulder meanwhile the car in front of her panic stopped and she plowed into the back of it, having only barely had time to slam on the brakes first. Thankfully this was only on surface streets so speeds were low and injuries minor. But she now adjusts her mirrors like that article describes.

Stick on mirrors are a lot better than turning over your shoulder if you are concerned about blind spots. But I have adjusted my mirrors like mentioned above since I was a teenager and rarely if ever have a problem. On the highway I can watch cars pass me in either lane next to me and I have continuous view of them, from rear view mirror to side view mirror to out the side window, even in the Expy.

Sven Mark

Reaction score
Recently added the RM10 (purchased on Amazon) to my 2020 Expedition Max. Super happy with this simple add on. It fits really well. Picture is attached.

Now I’m not second guessing myself when changing lanes. The pillar on the left is in a really bad spot.

761ABBBE-9F52-4207-ACD2-F7A8BA78E4A0.jpeg

rx7gslse

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion - added the RM10 this weekend as well. Make towing much easier..

Still wish they made real tow mirrors for these, but still an improvement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360