Stock tint percentage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Just wondering what is the tint level for the back windows I'm gonna match the fronts this summer and possibly do a 50% on the windshield.... Not sure on the windshield yet but thinking about it. Anyone has pics of a tinted windshield, do you recommend it or not?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The stock tint in the back is approximately 20%. Something like 3M Color Stable 20 (actual is 19%) or LLumar FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 (actual is 18%) will be indistinguishable from the factory tint.

The only tint I would recommend for the front windshield is something like Pinnacle's Air 80. It will block 43% of the heat and 99%+ of the UV, but allows through 78% of the light. However, if you have inspection stickers in Chicago you will need to have the tint cut around them. Also keep in mind that even the most benevolent cop is going to give you a ticket if your front windshield is tinted at all.

Pic from Google of Air 80 on the front windshield:

IMG_20150508_133505.jpg

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear windows are made with smoked colored glass, like a beer bottle is. So they offer little to no UVA or UVB protection, little to no infrared or radiant heat transfer restriction, no shatter protection, and so on. The only advantage of factory "privacy" glass is a little theft deterrent and looks. So IMO your best bet would be to get *all* the windows tinted. (unless you like skin cancer, subpar air conditioning, a faded interior, glass in eyes, etc)

Here is my front windshield tinted.
ffff_zpsxsiyjmgl.jpg

My sides are dark as well:
hghfghsfgh_zpsdq7wd8ak.jpg

Another angle of front:
IMG_0207_zpsgdiv6kpn.jpg

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear windows are made with smoked colored glass, like a beer bottle is. So they offer little to no UVA or UVB protection, little to no infrared or radiant heat transfer restriction, no shatter protection, and so on. The only advantage of factory "privacy" glass is a little theft deterrent and looks. So IMO your best bet would be to get *all* the windows tinted. (unless you like skin cancer, subpar air conditioning, a faded interior, glass in eyes, etc)

ffff_zpsxsiyjmgl.jpg

Another angle of front:
IMG_0207_zpsgdiv6kpn.jpg

I'm guessing this truck isn't driven very often (couple thousand miles a year?). If it was you'd go broke paying tickets for that front windshield. Parking in the handicapped spot is real classy btw.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 15% and 5% tint on top of the tinted glass...5% on the front doors...35% on my windshield with a 5% deep visor strip

Mr. 10K

FordGirl1983

Reaction score

ffff_zpsxsiyjmgl.jpg

Another angle of front:
IMG_0207_zpsgdiv6kpn.jpg
Damn love your Funk Master Flex! So clean!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing this truck isn't driven very often (couple thousand miles a year?).

Its a 2008 and we have about 40K on it. Its parked fairly often.

If it was you'd go broke paying tickets for that front windshield.

My windshield is 100% legal, I keep a letter from my state commissioner of public safety in the glovebox at all times, just incase we're pulled over.

And frankly it'd take a lot of tickets for me to go broke.

Parking in the handicapped spot is real classy btw.

Speaking of classy, here is my daughter during a time when she was able to stand and walk without her wheel chair.

yyyyy_zpsbiofq0s7.jpg

She was as happy this day as she was the day the handicapped spot picture was taken.

Make-A-Wish Foundation rented out an amusement park for the day -- the handicap spots were surprisingly full.

Lots of kids had a great time.