Stranded again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team_Z

Reaction score
It's a 4wd and supposedly the seal from the transmission to transfer case. This other dealer says that this time it seems like it was overfull and "pushed the transmission fluid out" but they didn't specify where this time. (post above). Waiting to hear more.
I am willing to call BS, over filling it to the point that it “pushes” the seal out you would have had issues long before a year later. That much fluid would cause drive ability issues long before now. They are giving you a generic BS response. Someone doesn’t want to have to explain that the 10r80’s are junk the first year they came out. It’s mostly Fords software that cause problems. They just about got all the bugs out now.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the transmission clearly has a pressure issue going on internally. Why did they replace the valve body before?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I also think that is a BS answer. I don't believe the 10r80's are junk but I do think something is going on with yours that is not normal. Valve body and torque converter are where pressures are at. I wonder if the torque converter is bad? I'm not transmission expert.

OP
OP
29twonine

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I also think that is a BS answer. I don't believe the 10r80's are junk but I do think something is going on with yours that is not normal. Valve body and torque converter are where pressures are at. I wonder if the torque converter is bad? I'm not transmission expert.
Well I'm of course still waiting to hear back from them!! No updates but I agree that overfilling is probably but the culprit!

Hopefully next day or two I hear back to see what they say.

OP
OP
29twonine

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just following up on this thread. We've had it back for a couple weeks now and they are saying it was "overfull." Whatever. So far no problems and it shifts pretty good since they changed the fluid and filters.

Regardless, I just ordered a new Limited Stealth 304a yesterday. Someone else will probably get this one and not have any problems whatsoever, it's just been bad luck for us. Got the new one at invoice and with the high trade in value still, I don't feel too bad about the whole thing (except no dvd system for the kids)

Now the waiting game for the new one!