Strange Electrical Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsilta

Reaction score
That will be another area I will check. I took off the roof rack and made sure all the bolts were tight and see no way water can enter if they are tight. I had water coming down the driver's post and dripping behind the dash and through the grab handle. I have sealed the windshield, (after replacing by glass shop). Is it possible that the water could move up the post by wind pressure?

akbergmann

Reaction score
Not Sure

I am not sure if windpressure has anything to do with it. At this point anything is a possibility. If this happens again, the windshield will be the next thing to be replaced.

I guess that I will see if this works.

Karl

ghindy2002

Reaction score
I also believe it only happens if the vehicle is sitting still, somehow the water is running into the inside and down the dash. If snow lays on the windshield and then melts this is also a problem. Having the windshield replace/resealed doesn't solve the problem very long. I think it is still the windshield,... maybe the windshield frame is warped due to design and therefore causing the windshield to become unsealed after weather and jarring from the ride. Because it does seem to help for a while after you reseal the windshield. I ran a bead of silicone down the driver side windsheild post and it seemed to take care of the problem for a while also. After a while the siicone broke down and it leaked again. So back to square one. FORD ARE YOU OUT THERE??

nsilta

Reaction score
I believe I have resolved my leak!!! We have just purchased a very nice and clean 97 Land Cruiser. We will take a hit on selling the Expedition for about $2K or more less but there is no comparision to reliability, comfort and ride. We definiately feel like we took a major step up with the Toyota. Good bye Ford.

nsilta

Reaction score
Adventure, don't you mean frustration? Actually I have had plenty of adventure in the past with owning Fords and currently I drive a Crown Victoria and I love it. But no love lost with dumping the Expedition. It was my wife's car and I'm tired of fixing it.

ghindy2002

Reaction score
I was just kidding you. Gotta do what you gotta do. I get frustrated everytime the leak thing happens but the rest of the time I have to sometimes slap the smile off my face.

rjstat

Reaction score
Point of information. A friend of mine has a 2001 which had a leak. He thought it was coming from the windshield so he had a new windshield installed. A week later he was using a wet-vac and removed two quarts of water after three days of rain. Had windshield resealed couple of day later more rain. He was vac out more water. This time I suggested he check his moon roof because the drains for the moon roof run down the A & B pliars and it was the roof drain that clogged.

ghindy2002

Reaction score
I get the leakfixed... for now anyhow and guess what... It blew a spark plug on the right side of the engine. Seems this is also a problem Ford knowsabout and is keeping it a secret... Just my luck. It's not nice to keep secrets.