Strange switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
At MINIMUM …
the switch should be labelled Trunk Monkey
and picture posted here

(or Passenger Eject)

OP
OP
T

T Money

Reaction score
I think the previous owner wired this switch into the trailer brake. I think that blue wire specifically controls the trailer brake. Why on earth would someone want to turn off their trailer brake and only use the tow vehicle brake?

I haven’t used the expy to tow my RV yet (I’ve only owned it for the Expy for a week). I did hook up the RV’s 7-pin cable and tested everything. It all works and the switch has no effect. But... I didn’t test the trailer brakes since I didn’t move the trailer. I’ll test that next weekend.

Mad Oshea

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your entry way in, is in the drivers side of the truck. Behind the panel, with a Mirror. The code is there. Open the panel to look. The button is for the rear window defrost.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I think the previous owner wired this switch into the trailer brake. I think that blue wire specifically controls the trailer brake. Why on earth would someone want to turn off their trailer brake and only use the tow vehicle brake?

I haven’t used the expy to tow my RV yet (I’ve only owned it for the Expy for a week). I did hook up the RV’s 7-pin cable and tested everything. It all works and the switch has no effect. But... I didn’t test the trailer brakes since I didn’t move the trailer. I’ll test that next weekend.
maybe they had some type of accessory that plugged into the trailer plug and it would trigger the vehicle to think it was towing while he wasn't giving him a need to disable it? its a guess...