Stumped looking for heater hose pipe/nipple.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sperhakem

Reaction score
Hey guys I was hoping someone here could shed some light on this, I have searched for this part until blue in the face and cant find it anywhere even though it clearly looks replaceable...

a picture is worth 1000 words... It's rusted to the point it has some pin hole leaks and needs to be fixed... I could obviously change the whole intake manifold but that seems crazy when this hose looks easily replaced like the longer 90º one in the back...

Any clues? I am debating buying the rear one and cutting it down if it's the same diameter. I could tap it but that will probably require pulling the whole manifold as well. any other ideas?

2001 4.6l 2wd xlt with an aluminum intake.

Thanks!

123_1-5.jpeg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you check your local Ford dealer part’s department with the VIN?

OP
OP
S

sperhakem

Reaction score
Yes thanks, they claim they don't see the part in their diagrams and i haven't been able to find a good diagram online that matches my style intake either. I believe the intake was maybe changed over to plastic and they just don't support these rarer aluminum styles but I'm really not sure...

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new replacement manifolds have that outlet threaded, and the pipe nipple just screws down into it. If you can get the old piece out you might look at doing something like that. Thread the hole and screw in a replacement piece with epoxy on the threads or some kind of durable sealant. They have a bunch of those fittings in the Help display at Advance Auto. Do you have a caliper you can use to get the exact diameter of the nipple ? The 5.4 is 3/4" but I'm not positive on the 4.6 motor. Is there enough hose to push it farther down on the nipple? Or where on the nipple is it leaking? On the 5.4 motor the hose is almost covering the entire pipe nipple. Maybe take a tube cutter and cut the nipple down some, then shove the hose over the rest of the nipple.