Sub amp placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trev

Reaction score
Recently acquired a 2011 XL Expedition and of course sought out the appropriate forum. I'm not new to car audio, but not familiar with best practices concerning this vehicle. I've already installed a new double din deck and integrated most of the bells and whistles, including a back camera. The factory speakers are fine running off of deck power, but overall it needs little more low end. There is no factory sub and I'm not inclined to install blurred vision inducing multiple 18" woofer, as I've done in the past.

I would like to install a smaller class D sub amp in an inconspicuous spot with the end game being JL Audio's Expedition Stealth box. Is there room under the center console for an amp? If so, what's the best routing through the firewall to get into the cab? Any amp recommendations? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your goals for power are but the AudioControl ACM 1.300 is an outstanding, compact, and efficient unit for a single sub if you are trying to add in some decent low end and a little thump without going nuts. You could probably conceal it back there in the quarter, depending on how much space the box takes up. I'm considering it for a future project myself with that placement.