Sub woofer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco635

Reaction score
So I’ve owned my 07 Eddie Bauer since almost new.
The stereo sounds great. The sub really delivers a good low end that you can feel almost like as if it was aftermarket.
Still own it now.

But we now have a 15 Limited which also has a factory sub.
This truck in no way sounds as good as the 07.
I can’t understand what is the differences.
I’ve gone through the setting and nothing seems to help.
Any ideas guys?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your 17’ have the Sony sound? The 07’ had a built in amp with the premium audiophile speakers. I’m not sure you get an amp on the newer ones.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sound systems in domestics peaked in the mid 2000s and have went downhill. Not sure if it’s regulatory?

Maybe they were too powerful and deamed distracting and unsafe.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We had a member here that suggested a line out converter to add aftermarket ampsApparently the newer models have downplayed, rather than upped the sound of newer vehicles. It really shows in the reduced bass response to the speakers and sub. Ford in their infinite wisdom didn't want you blowing out your 5x7/6x8 speakers, so they rigged the electronics to do it for you. It can be over ridden with the $200.00 adapter from Crutchfield. Reminds me of the 70's/80's where we had to gut the stereo completely, and keep it for when we sold the car. Damned if anyone got my Alpine deck and amps, or Ads speakers.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've noticed that too...and tried different settings with no difference. The sound is kind of muffled, especially the mid range. My '14 EL Limited followed my '04 Tahoe with the Bose, so there's my problem. That Bose was the best.

I was thinking that maybe my door speakers were blown? Might check if it ever stops raining...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford sound system is shit... replace all speakers with aftermarket and u will hear a difference

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
:banana-mario:Maybe it’s because I have tinnitus plus my age but the B&O sounds pretty dang good....my Silverado has the Bose system but after listening to the B&O I now realize the Bose is just average. Listen mostly to classic rock and on occasion ‘60s/70’s stuff. Amazon music from my iPhone also sounds good. So, does aftermarket sound better than the B&O?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk the Audiophile system in my Eddie Bauer sounds a lot better than the current B&O and blows it out of the water power wise. I’d aftermarket is quite the upgrade from any stock.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze