Suggested Engine Replacements Sources (2012 2WD Limited)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobgriner

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2012 2WD Limited (195K) for $1500. Bought it for parts for my older 2008 4x4 SSV, but once I got it home I started considering an engine replacement for the 2012 and selling the 2008. I've had suggestions of getting a Jasper rebuilt motor (probably $10-12 installed). Anyone have any suggestions on vendors for these engines?

Also, the previous owner didn't know much about the "bad engine." He was on an out of town trip (7 hours away) and the vehicle died on him. He was told by a local mechanic (7 hour away) that the engine had a bad cam phaser and the cost of repairing would be the same as an engine replacement. That's what I'm going off of right now. I've not had it checked out here by a local shop.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new reman engine in January for my first GEN with all the warranties installation kit and undocking fees off around $3200. I believe it’s unlimited mileage for the first three years.

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
I got strong recommendations for https://www.jasperengines.com/ and have been reading their site. They have a strong warranty and I've heard that their remans are "better" than from the factory (or crate). They address all the issues that are problematic for failure and issues (too many to list...read it yourself).

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I had looked at Jasper when I was looking to replace my engine and then I looked at the reviews which made me change my mind very quickly.

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
Did you see a number of bad reviews (in relation to the good ones)? I look at reviews in Amazon when I'm purchasing there too. But if there are some scathing reviews, they get 4.5 stars, and have 10k reviews...then I side with the stars. That's how I'm looking at the Jasper. Also spoke with an old guy who used to own a shop and did mostly engine replacements. He said that between the quality and warranty, you can't go wrong with Jasper.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not going against your opinion it’s just all the reviews that I see online and all the shops that have written and said that they would never put in Jasper ever again because of all the problems besides all the other customers who have complaints and then there’s just constant pages and pages and pages about Jasper being negative .

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would suggest these guys......https://www.powertrainproducts.net/FORD-5-4-V8-ENGINE-08-12-F150-NAVIGATOR-EXPEDITION-p/157908.htm

OP
OP
bobgriner

bobgriner

Reaction score
Just talked to a guy I work with who is "very" knowledgeable of the Triton engines through all the generations of Expedition. He owns 2. He recommends that Frazier engine rebuilds. Almost right on par with quality, etc., of the Jasper, but significantly cheaper.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is exactly what I was talking about. I was very surprised to see how much negative remarks about Jasper were on the web because they are basically a household name