Summer Travel Check List -- '16 Ltd EL 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2016 Limited EL 2wd at 85k.

Summer has hit full swing here in North Texas and we are planning a trip to Colorado in late June to our favorite little getaway river side cabin in hopes to decompress, catch some trout on the fly, and escape the heat. Looking at ~ 1500/1600 Mile round trip

That all being said, I want to run some pre-road trip maintenance and looking for suggestions.
We had an oil change ~1k mile ago. So good there. I will replace the air filter this weekend. But was thinking about cleaning MAF sensors and anything else that may aid in a little better milage during these wonderful fuel prices.
On my '14 F150 w/ 5.0 @ 120k I recently cleaned the throttle body (it was filthy), MAF sensor, and changed plugs. Seemed to make a nice difference in MPG (likely back to or close to original performance.)
We had the TB and TB sensor replaced ~10K ago due to the typical EB TB sensor failure. So I doubt I need to clean it just yet.

Has anyone had additional failures with the TB/TB sensor after initial replacement to remedy the loss of power and limp modes? I assume the replacements were/are better suited to fit the issues with the OEM/Factory installed unit. I am curious if I should buy a back up in the event of an untimely failure??

What do you all recommend?

WhatIMG_6449.jpg IMG_6447.jpg

65308141798__BFB9679F-64C3-4050-B284-EA339C0DBA45.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971