Summit Tuner ? Programmer response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
while I don't disagree....summits catalog is HUGE....theres no way one person is gonna know everything about every product....and take that one level further....they would have to know it for each make model and YEAR.

summit isn't making $600 bucks...theyre probably lucky if theyre getting 20%.

Have you tried Jegs or 4 Wheel Parts (they are summit racings biggest competitors)....I bet they dont have the answer either.

I wouldn't waste my time w/ a reseller....go direct to the manufacture....

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on 4 wheel parts. they will never see another dime from me. they got a few hundred dollars from me a few years ago, which I then had to spend twice over at the dealership to fix their screwups. they don't get a second chance from me. that's the great thing about competition.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on 4 wheel parts. they will never see another dime from me. they got a few hundred dollars from me a few years ago, which I then had to spend twice over at the dealership to fix their screwups. they don't get a second chance from me. that's the great thing about competition.

your running out of places to buy things from!

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your running out of places to buy things from!

you’d think, but no. They create opportunities for new businesses to start. Give people an alternative to poor value and don’t be surprised if they take it.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to bring everyone up to date on my experience with my tuner:
Yes, it makes a difference. It does NOT make 650 dollars worth of difference. The biggest difference it’s made so far is to destroy my already lousy gas mileage.
FWIW, my truck is a police package so maybe that’s why there isn’t any significant difference in one tune or another. On an otherwise stock motor.
I do believe that if i spend the money on opening up the breathing I’ll get some real results, but’s a few thousand dollars away.