Suncore suspensions opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was considering their kit to replace my air susp with coil overs and coil springs. Has anyone had any experience with them..good bad ..? the whole kit with rear shocks is only $220 with free shipping on ebay.

Sar50

Reaction score
Did you swap out the airbags? If so how did it go? And what do you think of the results?

golightly

Reaction score
I've been having issues with the air ride during the winter and just got sick of it. Paid over $1400 already in repairs and was still having issues. Decided on the Arnott conversion kit for my 06. This was $700 on their website, called and checked availability and they said that it would not ship for 4 weeks. Called Monroe and they told me they could get the same kit in for $900 and the kit would arrive in their shop within 5 days. Got a quote for the kit, install, and alignment for $1400 bucks. Went to Monroe and prepaid $900 for the kit. 5 days later my parts were in, took them a few hours to finish the job. Ride height is a bit higher than when I had air but looks great and feels great. I actually think that on bumpy roads its much better than the air, feels great cornering at moderate speeds, on ramps and off ramps. Just glad I did it and I should have done it sooner. Started my car this morning and it was -10 and I didn't have to worry about the air. Will have to see how the new suspension performs over time but I don't tow anything heavy and I live in New England so the roads here are terrible. One last thing...the check suspension light does come on when you start the vehicle, just hit reset and it goes away.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have suncore conversion and love it...great ride...I didnt do the work cuz I was recovering from a surgery

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soooooo many ppl on here have suncore with no issues

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
soooooo many ppl on here have suncore with no issues

just because there are some people on a forum that have no problems with a certain brand doesn't mean there aren't many out there who do.
this is something that is widely known that suncore springs fail not even 30k miles on them.
the strut master springs are by far the best springs you can buy unless of course you have a spring maker build you a set. but that's gonna cost ya there!
I would have never said sun core has a bad rep for a product if it weren't true.
they are weak and go through a terrible foundry poor process with no nickel or silicon content added the steel is awful and is recycled with out the necessary process that involves strengthening the steel. I know quite a bit about steel and exotic metals. hence "americansteel"