Suncore suspensions opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just because there are some people on a forum that have no problems with a certain brand doesn't mean there aren't many out there who do.
this is something that is widely known that suncore springs fail not even 30k miles on them.
the strut master springs are by far the best springs you can buy unless of course you have a spring maker build you a set. but that's gonna cost ya there!
I would have never said sun core has a bad rep for a product if it weren't true.
they are weak and go through a terrible foundry poor process with no nickel or silicon content added the steel is awful and is recycled with out the necessary process that involves strengthening the steel. I know quite a bit about steel and exotic metals. hence "americansteel"

there are problems with every company making something regardless of what it is...u stated that suncore is KNOWN for spring failure...in my 5 yrs on this forum I don't recall anyone mentioning spring failure with their suncore kits...does it happen? im sure it does but for this forum it hasn't been an ongoing topic of conversation...those that do the conversion are about 50/50 suncore/strutmasters...I do recall install problems with both from members on this forum

so my statement of saying soooooo many ppl having suncore is to let him know a lot of members have them here...myself included...so to imply that i'm stating that there isn't a better...more suitable...more reliable...or quality product over suncore is FALSE...the member also mentioned pricing in which I also stated costs based on MY experience to help him with his research...

again...I don't recall anyone having problems with springs from suncore before/after 30K miles so on this forum they don't have a bad rep...from what I can recall everyone is happy with suncore...AND...ppl are happy with strutmasters...I do recall some ppl complaining about sagging springs and ride comfort being too stiff or soft...not sure if they had suncore or strutmasters though

I really think your comment would've been less aggressive if it didn't have the aggressive tone in it...and I take feedback very well...however I feel that you could've simply explained the process that leads to failure and that in YOUR industry isn't a good product in a different manner it wouldn't be received as aggressive...you may not have meant to come across as such nor see it...but to me...being directed to me in the tone it is in...reads in this manner...the tone in which youre educating me/us on suncore is nothing less than unfriendly as I read it...

your knowledge in steel is a great asset and wonderful contribution to the forum that you can really propel the knowledge base for a lot of things discussed here...especially springs...

so in short...im cool...hope your cool...lets move on with educating...helping...learning with/to/from the forum and I look forward to learning from your inputs to the forum as well

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are problems with every company making something regardless of what it is...u stated that suncore is KNOWN for spring failure...in my 5 yrs on this forum I don't recall anyone mentioning spring failure with their suncore kits...does it happen? im sure it does but for this forum it hasn't been an ongoing topic of conversation...those that do the conversion are about 50/50 suncore/strutmasters...I do recall install problems with both from members on this forum

so my statement of saying soooooo many ppl having suncore is to let him know a lot of members have them here...myself included...so to imply that i'm stating that there isn't a better...more suitable...more reliable...or quality product over suncore is FALSE...the member also mentioned pricing in which I also stated costs based on MY experience to help him with his research...

again...I don't recall anyone having problems with springs from suncore before/after 30K miles so on this forum they don't have a bad rep...from what I can recall everyone is happy with suncore...AND...ppl are happy with strutmasters...I do recall some ppl complaining about sagging springs and ride comfort being too stiff or soft...not sure if they had suncore or strutmasters though

I really think your comment would've been less aggressive if it didn't have the aggressive tone in it...and I take feedback very well...however I feel that you could've simply explained the process that leads to failure and that in YOUR industry isn't a good product in a different manner it wouldn't be received as aggressive...you may not have meant to come across as such nor see it...but to me...being directed to me in the tone it is in...reads in this manner...the tone in which youre educating me/us on suncore is nothing less than unfriendly as I read it...

your knowledge in steel is a great asset and wonderful contribution to the forum that you can really propel the knowledge base for a lot of things discussed here...especially springs...

so in short...im cool...hope your cool...lets move on with educating...helping...learning with/to/from the forum and I look forward to learning from your inputs to the forum as well

my fields of industry are engine building transport/hauling and rail and stair fabrication. I don't work for or in a metal foundry.
my comment was not aggressive/unfriendly nor was it meant to be if you don't know how to distinguish a comment being friendly or aggressive maybe you should take some time and do some self reflection and rethink your strategy being a forum moderator. I seriously don't get what you're seeing in my reply being aggressive! im not making fun of you but come on, really. ban me I don't care it wont make me cry.
suncore has junk products they're known for early failure and excessive spring sag. this all comes down to the foundry pouring process for spring production and the suncore products offer little spring resistance compared to the strutmasters springs. (suncore offers poor spring rebound)
if the suncore products were not junk I would have not written what I have written in this thread. thickness in material will make reverb sound through the entire suspension shock is absorption is lesser in suncore springs again adding to metal fatigue quicker. a thicker spring will absorb more load shock and hold it greater for a longer time. thickness adds strength however you can have a thick piece of steel if it has pour molecular properties in the pour process the steel can be junk or lose its strength in a fast amount of time.

there is a reason why ford and GM dealers will not use suncore springs on airbag equipped vehicles.
just real world talk dude!

vince0190

Reaction score
I have no experience with the Suncore brand, but I gather from the threads here that they are the least expensive air springs.