Surprisingly clean sensors on Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just cleaned my MAF, MAP sensors on my 2017 for the first time with 36,410 miles. The only one that had a little grime on it was the one in the intake manifold, but less than I expected from the videos I’ve watched. Of course I installed a catch can at 8,000 miles when new. Here’s the picture of the dirty one and the little bit that dirtied the rag.77351A1E-C922-4B8C-9D4C-DDF6FA87EE6C.jpeg3013911F-B217-43FB-846F-EE6B7D5CCFF6.jpeg

OP
OP
Boostedbus

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m curious to see if someone else has had similar results with similar mileage without a catch can. All the You Tube videos I’ve watched they were really dirty in the intake manifold but they never said how many miles since they last cleaned them. It could be good proof that the catch cans are actually doing good things.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ones on my last 2 modular engines were clean at high miles too but I think it's common if you change your air filter on time and don't fall for that aftermarket cold air intake hogwash. IDK about the catch can advantage on your boosted motors..

black_limited

Reaction score
The ones on my last 2 modular engines were clean at high miles too but I think it's common if you change your air filter on time and don't fall for that aftermarket cold air intake hogwash. IDK about the catch can advantage on your boosted motors..
You ever get those electric running boards fixed?

black_limited

Reaction score
I just cleaned my MAF, MAP sensors on my 2017 for the first time with 36,410 miles. The only one that had a little grime on it was the one in the intake manifold, but less than I expected from the videos I’ve watched. Of course I installed a catch can at 8,000 miles when new. Here’s the picture of the dirty one and the little bit that dirtied the rag.View attachment 69720View attachment 69721
I clean mine every 5000 miles when I change oil and with no catch can I can say mine look less dirty than this one. The prong end is supposed to be white, mine comes out as a very light brown and a few blasts of CRC cleans it right off. I’m on the fence about adding a catch can as I’m already into the 80,000 mile range. Had one on my other expedition ecoboost and it worked really well but I put it on it when it was brand new. I figured the 5000 mile cleaning will suffice for now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE