Swapping out 2018 Front end parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickDenverRealtor

Reaction score
All of the front and plastic and body parts of my 2018 Expedition XLT Fx4 were just crumpled in an accident. All underlying mechanicals are fine... two thoughts while doing total rebuild 1) curious if 2018 Navigator front end parts could be purchased in rebuild and fit (quarter panels, lights, grille... all must go). *** OR *** 2) Raptor grill *** *** OR *** 3) "Platinum" upgrade for headlights, etc? (does a different year or model have better performing head lights?) *** OR *** 4) I have a local Colorado shop lined up to build a custom off road front bumper if I rebuild using stock parts... anyone want to buy one? I am sure we can get lower price if he is doing multiple bumlers... a one-off would be $3k. Open to suggestions...

Attachments

• 20230105_165754.jpg
    20230105_165754.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20221230_095704.jpg
    20221230_095704.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too am in CO. If your shop can make a bumper that looks clean, maintains the airflow for the intercooler, and works with the parking sensors, I'd possibly be in. I've worked with another shop in CO but they determined the build to keep the aesthetics clean, and maintain all functionality was pretty cost prohibitive. These things were designed to have a pretty, molded plastic bumper that requires massive parts. I mean heck, having taken off my bumper cover, I can tell you that the amount of stuff mounted to the inside of the cover would require a ton of design work.

Hardrocker

Reaction score
I am also in Colorado. I'm intrigued, but I would want to see the finished product. Honestly, I'd settle for just adding front parking sensors to my XLT.