Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone performed a Sync 3.4 update on a 2016 Expedition Non-Nav system?
I've seen a few people show videos on YouTube about Cyanlabs and it seems to work great. I just haven't found anyone doing it on the same year Expedition.

Snidley53

Reaction score
I don't have the non-nav version but I did do the upgrade to version 3.4 to my 2016 XLT EL and the process went smoothly. There are a couple of threads on this which are what I used for information. Cyanlabs site is very self-explanatory when it comes to doing the actual upgrade.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sweet. Thank you for the info.
Cyanlabs worked awesome for all my cars!

I don't have the non-nav version but I did do the upgrade to version 3.4 to my 2016 XLT EL and the process went smoothly. There are a couple of threads on this which are what I used for information. Cyanlabs site is very self-explanatory when it comes to doing the actual upgrade.

OP
OP
mdntblu

mdntblu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a limit of which version will work on these older cars? I see they are on 3.4.21098 now. I would just try it but don’t want to break anything. Lol

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a limit of which version will work on these older cars? I see they are on 3.4.21098 now. I would just try it but don’t want to break anything. Lol
So far, even the most recent works on the older APIM firmware's, just don't get some of the features like calm screen.