Sync 3 issues still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with there sync? Both my wife and i keeping either losing our bt connection, or cant even connect to it. Sometimes itll even freeze out. Taken to dealer about it since i bought the truck, but its gotten worse over the course of the year. Took it to dealer twice in dec, after each time, bt connection lost. Its annoying and kind of embarassing that your 70k truck just dumps the connection to your phone when everyone in it is jamming out.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Only happened once when our grandson decided to hook up his phone to play some music. Since I wasn't there and my wife doesn't understand, I have no clue what he did. After that my wife's phone would no longer connect. No issues with mine. Had to reinstall hers. Sometimes I think the system is picky about forcing it to connect to one phone while another is currently synced. The phone that is connected at the time will no longer connect for some reason. I believe our Explorer was the same way.

Andy C

Reaction score
Try to delete all bt profiles, and start over with set up.

Making it a fresh connect, not just reconnect. Also, before connecting, reboot the phone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVMCPA

Reaction score
Yes! I have had this problem. The dealership said it was my APMI or APIM module. They said it had a short. It has been a CF getting it replaced. Finally got it finishes Friday and I go pick it up and the remote start doesn't work so back to the shop it goes at 7:30 am. I am so sick of this. My problems started with the remote start when I bought it not working then the crazy mirrors which started acting crazy again tonight.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe only connect one phone. The other one you can use thru Apple car play. We have one phone set up to via Apple Car Play and is not connected via BT. The other one is set not to use Apple Car Play and is connected via BT.

This is the set up we use and no problems ... so far.

Garrett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No connection issues for me, but I do have strange behavior with my iPhone automatically playing (actually starting an unstarted app) google music when I select phone as a source.

It’s almost as if it searches for anything to play if nothing is already playing, then proceeds to auto launch?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still have CarPlay issues. About once every 10 times I plug in my phone, CarPlay refuses to start, my phone cycles charging and not charging, and then when I give up and unplug my phone my Sync Nav says it doesn't have GPS. It's weird and switching USB outlets doesn't help.

It's annoying but I've learned to live with it.

Not sure if it's an issue with Sync or just a CarPlay integration issue.

Last edited:

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still have CarPlay issues. About once every 10 times I plug in my phone, CarPlay refuses to start, my phone cycles charging and not charging, and then when I give up and unplug my phone my Sync Nav says it doesn't have GPS. It's weird and switching USB outlets doesn't help.

I see this issue as well. Could be the phone or Sync or both.

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Have you tried using a different USB to lightning cable?