Sync 4a Hidden Menu?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KDisMe

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we totaled our 2019, but not a single scratch on any of us in the vehicle (wife and both kids). That made me want to buy another one! Lucky enough to stumble across a '22 that just hit a local dealership and we're back in business with the Stealth Performance and the Sync 4a.
I've been messing with settings and getting used to everything - lots of differences in the Sync system. I miss the ability to adjust ambient lighting but it's not something I changed nearly as much as my wife did. I was going through things tonight, though, and ended up with a screen that showed the ability to set lighting to match drive mode and also a setting to enable 1-pedal drive. I know the 1-pedal is a Mach E option but the drive modes listed above it were the Expy modes, not the Mach E modes, so it was not a Mach E screen. Maybe it's a Timberline option? I have zero idea how I got to the screen and it seemed locked up. I opened the door and it was gone. Did my Sync just glitch or does anyone know the secret button combo?

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we totaled our 2019, but not a single scratch on any of us in the vehicle (wife and both kids). That made me want to buy another one! Lucky enough to stumble across a '22 that just hit a local dealership and we're back in business with the Stealth Performance and the Sync 4a.
I've been messing with settings and getting used to everything - lots of differences in the Sync system. I miss the ability to adjust ambient lighting but it's not something I changed nearly as much as my wife did. I was going through things tonight, though, and ended up with a screen that showed the ability to set lighting to match drive mode and also a setting to enable 1-pedal drive. I know the 1-pedal is a Mach E option but the drive modes listed above it were the Expy modes, not the Mach E modes, so it was not a Mach E screen. Maybe it's a Timberline option? I have zero idea how I got to the screen and it seemed locked up. I opened the door and it was gone. Did my Sync just glitch or does anyone know the secret button combo?
‘23 timberline will have a 1-pedal drive option for off-road purposes. Maybe the software is already updated to offer that.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As HtownHog said, that is a MY23 option.

Can you share a screen shot of what you found? Also the steps to replicate the screen? I would be interested in seeing that.

OP
OP
KDisMe

KDisMe

Reaction score
I wish I could, Lou! I didn't have my phone on me to take a picture and when I opened the door, the screen disappeared. I have no idea how I got there. I assume maybe a combination of buttons, but we all know they mix weird things in like opening/closing doors, pushing the start button, holding two buttons simultaneously, standing on one foot for 2 minutes, etc. I started researching it and have seen a similar question on the Mach E forums and there's a screenshot, but the screen I had listed the drive modes (Expedition drive modes, not applicable to the Mach E, so it wasn't a Mach E screen - it was Expedition specific) and it almost looked like you could even drag them to reorder them if you wanted to but that may not be true. There has to be an advanced setting menu that I happened to hit the right combination of buttons to get to. I assume most of it (possibly all) was unavailable to make any changes to but who knows what else was in that menu group. Like you, I was hoping somebody knew the secret combo :D

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
‘23 timberline will have a 1-pedal drive option for off-road purposes. Maybe the software is already updated to offer that.

The 1 pedal drive thing is a gimmick IMO. It already has the trail cruise control which applies the brake to keep at the set speed. Guess Ford is marketing to the lazy couch people who want to see the wilderness but put out no effort.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
It wouldn’t make sense to have one-pedal driving on a non-electric vehicle. The whole idea of one-pedal is to use the drag of the electric motor to slow the vehicle down, regenerating some energy in the process back into the batteries and reducing the wear and tear on the brakes. Without the electric motor’s drag, the gas engine won’t slow the Expy down enough to make it useful, and if it used the transmission to slow the Expy, the additional wear and tear on the transmission would be more costly in the long run than the savings on the brake pads.

It must be a leftover in the code meant solely for the Mach E because it would be completely useless in the Expy.