Sync 4A - petition to add "soft" buttons for camera/lane-keep modes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texevora

Reaction score
Several folks have noted the removal of the physical camera button on the '22 Expeditions with the Sync 4A (ie 15.5" screen), the absence of which requires you to press 2 virtual buttons to turn the 360 camera view on.

I would think an easy solution for Ford would be to add an always-present camera button, and perhaps a lane-keep mode (off/alert/alert+aid) button to the top bar of the screen which is static and has some dead space.

Wondering if a petition or emails to the appropriate feedback channels at Ford would prompt them to roll out virtual buttons in the next Sync 4A software update?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d be on board with 5 or so “memory function” buttons. That you can select a commonly used option and have it up front and static on screen. Even above the climate controls or something. Easy win for ford with some fast programming.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’d be on board with 5 or so “memory function” buttons. That you can select a commonly used option and have it up front and static on screen. Even above the climate controls or something. Easy win for ford with some fast programming.

RAM with the latest Uconnect (MY22) has this option. You can custom configure "quick launch" buttons for frequency used functions. Just like you said.

IMO, the Stellantis (Chrysler) infotainment system is the gold standard for main stream vehicles.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First, Ford would have to care what we ask for. I mean, the Sync 3 "ringtone" bug is still out there unfixed, so that says something.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New version of sync rolled out to lightning has a camera quick click button. Also allows you to use the volume knob to adjust fan speed and heated seats