SYNC audio, sound and GPS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KetMalice

Reaction score
I had similar issues. They replaced my APIM. It’s better, but the 15.5” screen is still a ************* and works maybe 70% of the time.

Ford basically has said tough ******* wait until we release software updates that may or may not fox it in 2 years.

TAPatt

Reaction score
I bought my 22 Timberline Oct 5 2022, 5 days later the Nav showed over 50 miles away, no radio, no cell. Took it to my dealer, they tried a reset, new programing. Still no luck, they ordered a new module for it. Took 6 weeks for it to come in. Once it did I took it back and they replaced the module, then another program update. Which made the Nav go blank along with the no radio/sound and no cell. They contacted Ford techs who said it needed a new program written for it (vin specific). Waited 3 weeks for that, they tried it and still didn't work. Ford tech's then said a different modules needed, 4 weeks later that came in and they replaced it and tried to new program, still no luck. 3 weeks ago they called and said Ford tech's have a new program, I left it with them for a week and they tried several times and Ford tech's came out to try it and looked at it again. That got the radio to work now but still no Nav and sometimes cell. Now the screen has gone totally out/blank a few times, I can get it to come back on by doing a reset from the steering wheel. My dealership says they have noting else to try unless Ford figures it out.
I've told them this went out after 5 days of ownership and I would not have bought a car that was not 100% and I can not trade it in without losing lots of money on it. I've told them they need to take it back from me and get me another one, we are working on that.

lchawkins

Reaction score
@Tyra - Im having the same issue with my 2020 Explorer its at the dealer now. Was the issue covered under the extended warranty? Did they figure what was the root of the water leak? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.