SYNC map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADEXP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the update a few months ago. The update brings the map data current as of Q1 2018. Previously it was at Q1 2015. It's an approximately 14.5GB download.

For $110 it was worth it for me. I also use a phone along with google maps and waze but a lot of my work is in areas with no mobile/internet coverage and the built in nav system has got me out of a few jams, especially at night.

This is a good explanation that brings a balanced opinion on spending the $$ or not. I am a Waze fan and 99% of the time am within cell phone coverage...so for me, no update needed.

snellemin

Reaction score
My other option for no cell phone coverage, is downloading the area map through google maps and use that.

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
Unfortunately if you own an 08 or older (not sure about where the cut off is for newer models) Ford stopped updating the CD maps for my system in 2014.

so it can be absolutely hilarious driving down a new stretch of freeway or a new road and look at the Nav system to find yourself in the middle of an unmarked field some where...

we use our phone’s GPS almost exclusively now.

but I’d say if Ford kept updating the CD or if we had the download option we’d use it.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You'd think by now that Ford would have learned that their navigation system mapping process is unsatisfactory and shifted to some other form of mapping system.