SYNC Phone Button Not Working

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by apsuhead, Feb 26, 2018.

1. apsuhead

apsuhead Member

I have a 2017 Expedition XLT with basic SYNC. The Phone button doesn’t do anything now, it just went out today. No phone functions work. The USB and AUX hookups are dead and unresponsive as well. Tried pulling the fuse and disconnected the battery, nothing changed. Any ideas or suggestions? 35,618 miles and warranty is almost out. Will have to take it to dealership this week I guess ...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. apsuhead

apsuhead Member

Took to dealer this morning. Said they will have to keep it overnight until they hear back from Ford. "No error messages. Trying to pinpoint what it is, probably APIM that controls SYNC, Bluetooth, etc. Technician wants to email Ford to check on a few things and what we will need to fix it."

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    iimagine likes this.
  3. apsuhead

apsuhead Member

Dealer called and said APIM is ordered and will take at least 2 more days to arrive. Haven’t had my Expedition all week

4. apsuhead

apsuhead Member

Finally got my Expedition back today. Everything seems to work now. Seems like the APIM problem happens a lot. Luckily I was still under warranty. I’m curious what the charges would have been, I attached my receipt.

1179B16F-A294-4210-B5D0-D417F5F7DA4B.jpeg

iimagine likes this.
  5. FordGrl4Life1971

FordGrl4Life1971 New Member

Thank you for posting this! This just happened to me this morning, and I just came here, looking for answers! If this happens frequently, Ford should stand behind their product and fix it. I've been a life-long Ford owner and, of course, my warranty just went off. Can't wait to see how much this is gonna set me back. I appreciate you sharing this though!

jeff kushner likes this.
  6. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

Glad you got your truck fixed, under warranty!

On the 2017, what is the difference between "basic sync" and the sync3 ? I thought there was only one version with different options added?

jeff