Sync2 to Sync3, final answer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have looked and looked and I see some great info. The only question I have left is it really anywhere from $900 - $2000 for this swap?

Thanks in advanced.

PS. 2015 Ford Expedition EL

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'd not spend that much money for jewelry in a 5-year old truck as Sync 3 in my '17 hasn't impressed me much.

My '07 lacked it and navigation and traffic remains better on a top-of-dash Garmin GPS receiver than inside the dash. Garmin GPS also interfaces with my iPhone for hands-free, the other handy feature. Not sure what else Sync is supposed to do. I can control the radio and HVAC just fine without a touch screen. :)

-- Chuck

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Been running the upgraded/hacked Sync 3.4 the last couple of days and it's much improved from 3.0. Had to run across the county to the airport this morning in what passes for rush hour traffic in Richmond and Sync was displaying a faster route than Garmin. What?! :) Took a risk and followed Sync. Previous Sync route-time estimates have been as much as 10 minutes longer for a 30 minute drive. 2-1/2 years and the Garmin still sits on top of the dash.

-- Chuck