1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync2 to Sync3, final answer

Discussion in '3rd Gen - 2007 - 2017' started by Clifton Keathley, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Clifton Keathley

Clifton Keathley Member

I have looked and looked and I see some great info. The only question I have left is it really anywhere from $900 - $2000 for this swap?

Thanks in advanced.

PS. 2015 Ford Expedition EL

2. chuck s

chuck s Full Access Members

Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
    I'd not spend that much money for jewelry in a 5-year old truck as Sync 3 in my '17 hasn't impressed me much.

My '07 lacked it and navigation and traffic remains better on a top-of-dash Garmin GPS receiver than inside the dash. Garmin GPS also interfaces with my iPhone for hands-free, the other handy feature. Not sure what else Sync is supposed to do. I can control the radio and HVAC just fine without a touch screen. :)

-- Chuck

iimagine likes this.
  3. Clifton Keathley

Clifton Keathley Member

Lol. All fair points. Just would really like to have Android Auto. I mean the thing is garbage anyway, I use my phone for navigation anyway.

4. chuck s

chuck s Full Access Members

Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
    Been running the upgraded/hacked Sync 3.4 the last couple of days and it's much improved from 3.0. Had to run across the county to the airport this morning in what passes for rush hour traffic in Richmond and Sync was displaying a faster route than Garmin. What?! :) Took a risk and followed Sync. Previous Sync route-time estimates have been as much as 10 minutes longer for a 30 minute drive. 2-1/2 years and the Garmin still sits on top of the dash.

-- Chuck

Clifton Keathley likes this.