Tablet android installed on my 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yall are doing more than me and im in a car club...lol

BigBoy99

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 99 Expedition and I have been following a few mods like this and love the idea. I would be interested to know if you can just take the factory radio and amp out and just run new amps into the existing speakers and sub. Thoughts and ideas would be awesome..

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think you would blow the speakers and subs...the factory speakers/sub doesnt handle that much power...so if youre looking for better sound you'd have to replace the speakers/sub

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd that. Unless the pwr is supplied by the HU @ 50wpc etc, you should either stick with the factory amps or replace the speakers with the new amp you purchase.

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you incorporate your satellite radio?

How do you tie it to the phone for hands free caling?

XM is important here, as we don't have mobile data. Barely have mobile service.

SourMashII

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, is there a way to detach the camera lens/wire in a satelite camera (hard wire of course) to the rear view mirror, so one can catch "windshield view" video?

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you incorporate your satellite radio?

How do you tie it to the phone for hands free caling?

XM is important here, as we don't have mobile data. Barely have mobile service.

This is a 2 part answer afaik - firstly it depends on which Tablet of small device you purchase, what connectivity options it has. Most come with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Bluetooth being an option for audio.

Both the tablet device AND the XM Radio could be added to an in-dash receiver, or by adding an aux input to the factory wiring for factory amps and speakers via a harness. ( I have a thread now trying to find a solution for that)

Also, is there a way to detach the camera lens/wire in a satelite camera (hard wire of course) to the rear view mirror, so one can catch "windshield view" video?

There are gazillions of DVR options. In order to view a live cam feed, you would need an aux video input and afaik, only Archos has that feature to live view\record.

I want to be able to drive down forest roads and see 4 cams in a live view (day and NV), and the best solution I've found thus far is a dedicated DVR to a small monitor with hi res security cams.

heardj

Reaction score
OP I love it! I`ve been debating this for a few months now. I drive a 98 though. was thinking of doing it in the center console tray so I could build a nice case type of thing to hold it and house all the plugs so I can just slide it in and not have to fiddle with the plugs. Thought of it there so it can be easily removed and i can still use my tray. I would fill the dash area with just my 7 band eq and make a nice little tray for more storage. My speakers and subs all have there own amps so no concerned with it being as loud as a normal deck.

Great job nonetheless! Looks like a clean install!

BigBoy

I have a 4x125 watt amp on my premium factory speakers rated at 25wrms. There not the clearest when turned up real loud but there damn loud for what it is and they haven`t gotten stinky yet! Also I know I`m heard 1 1/2 to 2 blocks away with my factory speakers. I`m questioning there 25wrms rating. I know there not seeing a full 125 each but well over 25.

So just install an amp already! Just know how to set your gains and be able to tell if your getting them stinky and back off! Best of luck.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used ASUS Eee Pad 10" 16GB Android Tablet for $150 + free shipping

CowBoom offers the used, 2.2-lb. ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 10.1" 16GB LED-Backlit Google Android Tablet, model no. TF101-A1, for $159.99. Coupon code "COWBOOM10" drops it to $149.99. With free shipping, that's $20 under our used mention from a month ago and the lowest total price we've seen for this model by $5. (It's also $100 less than the best price we could find for a refurb today.) Sales tax is added where applicable. It features an NVIDIA Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor, 10.1" 1280x800 IPS multi-touch LED-backlit LCD, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal flash storage, 5-megapixel back-facing camera, 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, 802.11n wireless, media card slot, GPS, gyroscope, Google Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), and more.
Note: No warranty is available (a product protection plan is offered for additional cost). This used unit may be missing parts or accessories and have dents or scratches.