Tailgate button sticking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Debbie Wager

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with their tailgate button on the tailgate “sticking” and not “springing” back after you press it?
Yes We have had our 2019 Expedition Ltd in 4 times for this they have replaced the button the last time, which was a little more than a month ago and it is stuck down again. It has been an on going issue since we purchased it in May 2019. The dealership tells. That they have never seen this before ours .

Meika905

Reaction score
The dealer has replaced our switch 2x due to this issue, and it’s happened again after about a month of use each time...curious if I mention the trim issue and see what the dealer says now. My service rep has never come across this issue before

mark Haasser

Reaction score
My button does the same thing. I have to pick at the right edge and it will pop back out. Kind of a pain. Was thinking about having it looked at, but reading this that may not fix the problem.

John I

Reaction score
Mine gets stuck from time to time as well, pretty much anytime I don't push the button squarely and evenly. It's easy enough to pop back out again and I won't bother having the dealer replace until I read on here that the button has been redesigned.

jastevenson

Reaction score
What’s odd is that the button supposedly was redesigned and it is still failing. We had ours replaced with the new part number and it sticks too. Not sure why it is so hard for Ford to design a button??

Mine gets stuck from time to time as well, pretty much anytime I don't push the button squarely and evenly. It's easy enough to pop back out again and I won't bother having the dealer replace until I read on here that the button has been redesigned.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was replaced a couple months ago, and within about a week it got stuck again. Then, the next morning it was fine and hasn't happened since, I'm sure it will again though. I'm curious, someone on here mentioned they had the button trim piece replaced and that seemed to help. Anyone else try this?

Rossue

Reaction score
First button replacement lasted 2 weeks. After searching here I told dealer about the plastic housing being likely the problem. There evidently is a new part less likely to allow button to hang up. As a precaution the replaced button again too. No problems for 3 months now.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe they will take an Apple approach and tell everyone they are using the button wrong. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thomas Hardesty

Reaction score
Yes We have had our 2019 Expedition Ltd in 4 times for this they have replaced the button the last time, which was a little more than a month ago and it is stuck down again. It has been an on going issue since we purchased it in May 2019. The dealership tells. That they have never seen this before ours .

Thomas Hardesty

Reaction score
My 2019 Expedition Limited does the EXACT same thing!!! I either press the piece with the picture to the right side of the button, or take the side of my fist, and hit the left side of panel, and it starts working again until it gets stuck again? I’m thinking to take some electronic spray cleaner, and spray flush around sides, then take some greaseless silicone electronics lubricant and spray around the edges of the button? It gets stuck for some ODD reason??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360