Tailgate button sticking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lefty hack

Reaction score
my button was sticking about 3 months ago... tried air compressor and compressed air from a can ultimately replaced via warranty.... lift gate just stopped working last week warranty job replaced the lift gate motor.

Pete6114

Reaction score
Mine was replaced a couple months ago, and within about a week it got stuck again. Then, the next morning it was fine and hasn't happened since, I'm sure it will again though. I'm curious, someone on here mentioned they had the button trim piece replaced and that seemed to help. Anyone else try this?
My Dealer replaced the button AND the trim piece it snaps into last summer. Been ok since.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have had same problem. Decided to try WD40 - sprayed it around the crack between button and the trim. After a thorough bath of WD40 to get the grit out, works again. Took only a couple minutes. Not sure if WD40 will damage the switch over time, but for now problem seems to be solved.
Mine was sticking so I used some CRC electrical QD cleaner last week and it has been working well since. Thank you for the ideas in this thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357