Taking care of him!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Bell

Reaction score
20210227_152548.jpg 20210227_153144.jpg 20210227_152656.jpg 20210227_152951.jpg
For starters, truck is running well, no current alarming problems but, I know BIG GUY needs work! I"ve taken great care of her since I've owned him (2 years). I'm going to be taking him to the shop to get a full rooter to tooter inspection and diagnostics and I'm willing to fix ANY and EVERY PROBLEM FOUND! There is nothing major that needs to be done imo but I want him to run like new before I invest in a full makeover from how he's looks now (looking at between $4,000-$5,500 on going from 2inch leveling kit in front/stock in rear to 3.5 inch leveling kit in front/2 inch in rear, new 24 inch wheels/offroad tires, all exterior lighting replaced, tow mirrors, light bars, Ford brake caliper covers etc.) My question for parts as far as for the engine, Trans and 4x4 system is what parts should I use or ask be used for replacements? I know OEM but I'm not to sure if I've seen that Motorcraft parts are ok as well or if there's another company people recommend. Also I know there are parts people should stay away from but I can't remember. I just want to make a great choice from start to finish is all. 176,000 miles and still going, hope to keep BIG GUY that way! Thanks!!!

20210227_153144.jpg

DrExpo

Reaction score
good looking ride there OP. great to hear no major problems. at this point i believe its probably most likely maintenance issues you need to keep up with. other than that, really hope it also keeps going strong.