Terain management default

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But Sport mode is only two "clicks" from Normal mode. Not that big a deal, IMO.

I still have to look on the dash and the knob to make sure I am selecting the right mode.

First week of ownership I reached out to go to sport mode while driving and by mistake I twisted the gear shifter and put it in reverse (was going 60 mph), lol - I was so happy about the idiot-proof shifter that luckily didn’t listen to my command.

Anyways, since that day, I always double check before moving any of the 6 rotary knobs!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still have to look on the dash and the knob to make sure I am selecting the right mode.

First week of ownership I reached out to go to sport mode while driving and by mistake I twisted the gear shifter and put it in reverse (was going 60 mph), lol - I was so happy about the idiot-proof shifter that luckily didn’t listen to my command.

Anyways, since that day, I always double check before moving any of the 6 rotary knobs!

The rotary got me the other day as well. I backed up in my driveway and grabbed the wrong dial. I didn't realize I had put it in grass or something and then I tried to pull out in front of a car that was a decent distance away and I couldn't get going because the trans wouldn't shift out of the lower gears. The car behind me was pissed because they had to slow down waiting on me to get going. I finally spun the dial and got back on the gas and away we went.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to 5 star tuning, that is wrong. Call 5 star tuning and ask them WHY they can't change this. Its EPA regulated now. However Ford tests and gets EPA certified is how the vehicle must default to.
So if they test and EPA certify in Sport, then it needs to default to sport. Normal is what people want, so they default to that because they certified under that. Its all big brother monitored....

I know there's no way the tuning can change it or set defaults. No way it can be changed without major hacking of the software. I have a 5-Star tune on mine and did talk to them about this. They never told me it was an EPA restriction. Now, if it is being forced upon them by the EPA, then the EPA is regulating Ford and not others. As I said above, I have owned and do currently own and have driven other vehicles that allow me to choose driving mode settings, 'sport modes' that consume more fuel, etc.. and set them as default.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there's no way the tuning can change it or set defaults. No way it can be changed without major hacking of the software. I have a 5-Star tune on mine and did talk to them about this. They never told me it was an EPA restriction. Now, if it is being forced upon them by the EPA, then the EPA is regulating Ford and not others. As I said above, I have owned and do currently own and have driven other vehicles that allow me to choose driving mode settings, 'sport modes' that consume more fuel, etc.. and set them as default.

Then they are either older vehicles are are in violation of the EPA rules according to 5 star.