Texas Blue ICE .... 2020 .... Dealer comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brent Wahl

Reaction score
On my return drive to Florida I40 (Texas) from CA I found a blue icicle on the front of my 2020. I had just added the lower freezing temp washer fluid the day before and assumed the excess old blue washer fluid froze and came out.

When I got back to FL I had the local Ford Dealer look at it and they stated there is no front camera washer exit and they have no idea how it could have occurred. They pressure tested the washer system (front/rear) and the cooling system. Washer tested good but one of the cooling system manifolds was leaking. I had it replaced.

As Ford anti freeze for late model fords is not blue .... what in the cold day in hell was the blue icicle ???

IMG_1702.JPG

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me that looks like your front camera washer nozzle is leaking. Mine was leaking too and had to be replaced.
The newer 4th gens did away with the front nozzle. You can actually see it missing in the picture.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
one of the cooling system manifolds was leaking. I had it replaced.
Which manifold was leaking? When different fluid mixtures freeze they can have different colors than they do when in liquid form. I would have to look at the mixture that is in our coolant to confirm, but it is not a stretch.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 4th Gen and it has a washer jet in the Ford emblem for the front camera and the line for it is right behind the grill where the frozen washer fluid is. I wonder if they did away with them in the later cars since I have a 2018 but the line is still there and leaking or was plugged and the plug came dislodged?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have a part or drawing showing a front camera washer exit?
You do not have the washer. Those that have it, it is clearly visible.

Again, I ask, what was replaced that you said was leaking?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze