The "Auto Stop-Start" is so annoying!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have my 2018 Expy and cannot get used to the Auto Start-Stop. I can't wait for a work-around!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Isn’t there a option to turn this off? I think this has been discussed in a different thread and it’s a simple thing to deactivate.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was told that if you put a lighted insert in the trailer hitch on a pickup & plug it into the 4 cavity connector it will disable the stop function. I do not know if this will work but have been told it will.:shrug:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's 17 Escape Titanium has a button on the dash to turn it off but that only lasts until you turn the key off. The next time you start it you have to do it again.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why isn’t it annoying? I have driven a couple of cars with it and haven’t even noticed it’s doing anything.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its disabled in sport and tow haul mode isnt it. I would look in an f150 forum for a way to permanently disable it.

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
I've seen two mods to disable this on the F150 forum. One is adding a jumper to the dashboard switch so that it's always enabled, even after shutting down. The other is via FORScan. I'd guess that the 4th generation Expy's might share the same address as the current F150 for that function.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow...during my test drives it hasnt been that noticeable but i did use sport mode a lot lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360