The dreaded window/run channel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larkja

Reaction score
Front left window channel a bit messed up so as window rolls up, it doesn't stay in the channel. Shop adjusted the mechanism, but window channel has been damaged. Who knew it would be so difficult to find a channel. Finally ended up purchasing an entire driver's side door. Couldn't find something local so had to go on fleabay. $500 later - argh! But at least I now have an entire door - window, mechanism, etc - when things go wrong.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Front left window channel a bit messed up so as window rolls up, it doesn't stay in the channel.
It has been my experience that it was not the channel but the window regulator bending out of whack. Eventually it will break the gears from the regulator to the motor.

Once you replace the regulator/w motor it will roll up correctly.
Don't buy the cheap one or you will be doing it twice.

Also if you use the one in your donor door you will need to purchase nuts and bolts to put in because the original fasteners are 1/4 inch rivets.

OP
OP
L

larkja

Reaction score
^^^ Good to know about the rivets. When I took the truck in for some work last week, I asked them to look at the window. The shop said Ford put out a TSB about bending the regulator. They did that, but the channel rubber is too messed up to work properly.

Thanks

OP
OP
L

larkja

Reaction score
Assuming the new door is fully functioning, my other option is just to paint the new door, and swap out with the old one. The issue here, though, is the ID sticker will be wrong. Not sure I can remove from the old door and stick on the new one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze