Thin pink fluid under engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Michael McC

Reaction score
This is a very thin pink oily fluid--like brake fluid or power steering fluid. I pulled the skid plate off again and have some better photos. The fluid was dripping from the rectangular box with fins. You can see that the fluid has spread around the box, but clearly does not come from above the box. The trans cooler lines run above the box but are easily visible and dry.

This is a power steering control box of some sort. The ends run to the steering arms. Rack and pinion? There is no power steering fluid fill reservoir in a 2016 that I can find.

The numbers off the items in the left of the first photo do not produce results on the general internet or Ford parts site. The rectangular box does not have a sticker on it.

So, we have a sealed power steering box with fluid in it that is not designed to have fluid added or replaced, and it's leaking intermittently. That's my diagnosis unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

Help!!! Guess I'm off to the mechanic.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_529f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_52a0.jpg

IMG_9649.jpeg

IMG_9650.jpeg

IMG_9653.jpeg

brett nopper

Reaction score
did you ever find out the problem for this, mine is doing the exact same thing

gregcm21

Reaction score
Mine ended up being the water pump. Thankfully i bought the extended powertrain and it was covered. They had it for like 4-5 days.