1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about a new Expedition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smith, Nov 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM.

1. smith

smith Member

What is the life going to be on the ecco-boost engine? My 5.4 has over 205000 and no big problems. I've heard about the internal WATER PUMP PROBLEM AND THE CAM PHASER ISSUE BUT WHAT OTHER PROBLEMS ARE OUT THERE?

2. smith

smith Member

Anybody out there? Looking for feedback, positive or negative. My 2013 has been a great car just like my 2005 was.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 5:06 PM
  3. grumpyoleman

grumpyoleman Full Access Members

My previous vehicle was a 2013 F150 with the Gen 1 3.5 EcoBoost. I traded it in with 185,000 miles and it was still running strong. It did have an occasion misfire in cyl 6 but nothing that affected overall performance. Nothing but general maintenance done.

Since 2018 models they are using the Gen 2 EcoBoost that was engineered to address some of the issues identified with the Gen 1 and other than the wastegate and cam phaser issues (you can search for those) I personally don't know of any other long term issues.

4. dlcorbett

dlcorbett Full Access Members

I would just run through the 3rd and 4th gen threads to get an idea of what you would expect.