Thinking of installing a Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow muffler – Pros & Cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
I’m thinking of installing a FLowmaster 50 series Delta Flow muffler on my 03 EB 5.4L. I noticed that FM doesn’t list a 50 series Delta Flow for my year – but they do list the Super 50.

Anyone know if there would be an actual issue if I ran the Delta Flow 50 instead of the Super 50? Same offsets and sizes for both aside from the delta flow maybe being shorter. The Delta Flow is cheaper and a tad more agressive than the 50 Super so that’s why I’m leaning towards it instead of the Super 50

Anyone have audio or a vid of one on theirs?

OP
OP
StreetCreeper

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
Super 50will be louder than delta 50.

Interesting. The chart I had looked at showed the 50 Delta flow to be a little more aggressive than the Super 50.

Oh well, I already ordered the Delta Flow which was about $40 cheaper too. Hopefully there won’t be any issues with it.

I may take before and after video to compare sound levels.

OP
OP
StreetCreeper

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
Just as a follow up, I had the Flowmaster 50 series Delta Flow installed on my 03 EB 5.4L — and I’m very happy with the sound. No performance change, but it definitely sounds good to me. Sounds like a truck should sound; not too loud or obnoxious at all.

Even though Flowmaster doesn’t list the Delta Flow 50 series as a fit for my 03 Expy, I did it anyways and the muffler shop didn’t report any issues.

I forget the exact part number, but it is a Delta Flow 50 series with 3 inch diameter piping w/the offset in and center pipe out.

I’ll post some pics and a part number later along with some audio maybe.

Reaction score
I found flowmasters have an annoying drone. Headache in a few hour drive. Magnaflow is just a little more rumble than stock but nice when you get on it. Surprises people.

OP
OP
StreetCreeper

StreetCreeper

Reaction score
I found flowmasters have an annoying drone. Headache in a few hour drive. Magnaflow is just a little more rumble than stock but nice when you get on it. Surprises people.

So far – so good, no headaches yet. Will be on a 4-5 hour drive in a few days so we’ll see if the exhaust gets tiresome. I doubt it though for me; I like hearing the engine and the shifts probably in much the same way pilots might appreciate being able to hear their engines while flying ( have no idea if they actually do, but if I were a pilot I’d want to hear those engines too!... )

I have a Toyota 4Runner with a Flowmaster 40 series on it ( previous owner installed ) and it’s loud as hell but I’ve grown to like it...strangely.

Reaction score
Best of luck with it. Enjoy.
I just bought a Durango SRT and it is loud no matter how quiet you try to be around the neighbors.

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently installed a 3" FM 50-Series Delta Flow on our '00 EB/4.6L and I'm a bit disappointed with the LACK of rumble. Sounds just a bit louder than stock. It's SO quiet that on a 1500+ mile trip to Utah my wife didn't even notice ANY difference. And she ALWAYS picks up on that sort of thing, especially when she doesn't want me to "modify" HER car. It sounded great on my '93 Jeep GC with the 5.2L but then I had 3" pipe ALL the way through. My next evil plan calls for a more aggressive muffler install on the sly.