Third brake light replace bulb to LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have purchased and am awaiting arrival of a new OEM 3rd brake light assembly XL1Z-13A613-CA for my 2002 EB. The original was cracked and melted as most of them do. I want to replace the bulbs with LED bulbs. Owners manual calls for a W5W bulb yet for my 2000 calls for a 912? My question is what type LED converts and works best for this application as well as distributors who may carry them? I know color and placement of LEDs are a factor. Thanks!

Last edited:

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you go to Superbright leds.com and plug in the vehicle make an year it will tell you what kinds of bulbs for everything on the car. They are usually very expensive so Find that out and shop Ebay or Amazon to compare prices

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Superbright leds.com confirmed 912 bulb. They recommend 194 LED in red at $2.95 each. I guess the socket ends of 194 are the same as a 912 bulb. 912 has the same T5 wedge base as a 921. Wattage and amperage differ.
194-ycob1w-back-revised.jpg 194-xcob1w-comparison-label.jpg

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just use some Amazon brand with decent ratings like JDM Astar

Save 20 bucks and prolly get better results too

RichardH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Zfifty,

Not really bulb related, but I used to have a 2002 expy. I have two spare 3rd tail assemblies. One harness is pretty clean and one assembly has a small chip on corner, I believe I have the chip ready to glue in. Other assembly in great shape. The better of the two harnesses looks great and tested. Other harness is missing connector.

Send me a message if you are interested in one or both assembly and/or harness. Help me cover snail mail, plus maybe a few bucks for whatever you might consider. I have bubble wrap, Styrofoam so it will get there safe.

Zfifty, I also thought the connector was a T10? I shopped when I wanted to re-solder new connectors in.

https://www.amazon.com/GP-Thunder-194-2825-Harness/dp/B00KYBBFP4

GP Thunder 168 194 2825 2827 904 906 912 921 W5W T10 Wiring Harness Sockets For LED Bulbs, Parking Lights, License Plate Lights

4199A9lk4KL._AC_.jpg
Dick

Last edited:
OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Dick to offer the harness. The assembly I purchased has them included. Maybe someone here can use them. After researching, I bought several 194 Superbright LED pictured in my earlier post in red, white and green. Going to try out extras in other locations. Once installed will post results. :deal:

OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Dick to offer the harness. The assembly I purchased has them included. Maybe someone here can use them. After researching, I bought several 194 Superbright LED pictured in my earlier post in red, white and green. Going to try out extras in other locations. Once installed will post results. :deal:

OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Dick to offer the harness. The assembly I purchased has them included. Maybe someone here can use them. After researching, I bought several 194 Superbright LED pictured in my earlier post in red, white and green. Going to try out extras in other locations. Once installed will post results.

OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Dick to offer the harness. The assembly I purchased has them included. Maybe someone here can use them. After researching, I bought several 194 Superbright LED pictured in my earlier post in red, white and green. Going to try out extras in other locations. Once installed will post results.

OP
OP
zfifty

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mr. Moderator please delete my multiple posts. Apologize for getting excited on the post button.
:sorry: