Timberline Factory Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a Timberline on order and trying to find information on the factory lift if any.
All the reviews says it has higher ground clearance than the other trims which leads me to believe there is a factory lift on them.

Looks like 275/70 can be put on stock rims for all the trims with no issues. Has anyone gone larger with stock rims on a Timberline?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am also having a hard time determining the exact suspension on the Timberline. I was wondering if the ReadyLIFT would work.

The SEMA build used custom Fox 2.5 shocks all around in order to fit 35x12.5s on it. I want to know what the "custom" part was.

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am also having a hard time determining the exact suspension on the Timberline. I was wondering if the ReadyLIFT would work.

The SEMA build used custom Fox 2.5 shocks all around in order to fit 35x12.5s on it. I want to know what the "custom" part was.

The Specs say 10.6" for the Timberline and 9.8" for the other trims. So its higher, not by much, so they did something somewhere to get the extra clearance. I would think you could go up maybe 2 sizes of tire from stock if not more.
I went up 2 sizes on my 2001 F150 FX4 back in the day with no clearance issues. With the exception of the Raptor Ford tends to leave lots of room in the wheel wells.

JustMatt76

Reaction score
It definetly sits higher than the other trim levels, I could easily notice a height difference when a 2022 Max was parked next to mine. Whether its because of the 33" tires or a small lift or both I cant say. I think I read somewhere that it has a 1" lift from the factory over the standard trims, but I cant remember where I read that, might have been a YouTube videol.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It definetly sits higher than the other trim levels, I could easily notice a height difference when a 2022 Max was parked next to mine. Whether its because of the 33" tires or a small lift or both I cant say. I think I read somewhere that it has a 1" lift from the factory over the standard trims, but I cant remember where I read that, might have been a YouTube videol.
Standard ground clearance is 9.8" and the Timberline is 10.6" as per the spec sheets.

Tires would only add about 1/2" since they are only slightly larger than the stock ones. I am still trying to figure out the "Off-road" suspension and what that means. Is it CCD? Is it traditional non-CCD coil-over struts?

I'd like to know more. The SEMA truck used Fox 2.5's.

Would a ReadyLift be enough? Would it be supported? Do you need to do a replacement coil-over suspension? That is really what I want to know.

OP
OP
LazSlate

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Standard ground clearance is 9.8" and the Timberline is 10.6" as per the spec sheets.

Tires would only add about 1/2" since they are only slightly larger than the stock ones. I am still trying to figure out the "Off-road" suspension and what that means. Is it CCD? Is it traditional non-CCD coil-over struts?

I'd like to know more. The SEMA truck used Fox 2.5's.

Would a ReadyLift be enough? Would it be supported? Do you need to do a replacement coil-over suspension? That is really what I want to know.

The Fox 2.5 come in different heights but the vehicle specific one looks to be able to add up to 2" of ride height with the built in adjustable collar. With the ready lift its a spacer added to the strut. Did the sema build add a lift or did the 2.5 Fox Coilovers themselves provide the lift?

The Sema build looks great with the 35x12x17 tires. Would love to get more insight on this myself.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Fox 2.5 come in different heights but the vehicle specific one looks to be able to add up to 2" of ride height with the built in adjustable collar. With the ready lift its a spacer added to the strut. Did the sema build add a lift or did the 2.5 Fox Coilovers themselves provide the lift?

The Sema build looks great with the 35x12x17 tires. Would love to get more insight on this myself.
The picture I saw looked like it was a straight coil-over lift. The SEMA plaque stated "Custom Built Fox Performance Elite Series 2.5-inch Coil-Over Shocks..." under suspension. I think the Stage 3 guys had a quick 3 minute walk-around of it on YouTube.

Last edited:

ak49

Reaction score
ready lift 1.5" front and rear. 35" BFG KO2 tires XD monster 17" wheels.
I've been wanting a mild lift for my Timberline and this looks like what I had in mind. Did you use the Ready Lift 1.5" made for the front on both the front and the back? If so, did this require any other modification? How is the ride compared to stock? Would it be possible for you to measure from the center of your hubs to the top of your fender on the front and rear. I'd greatly appreciate it.