Timberline Sly Brackets no-drill front plate bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimberExpy

Reaction score
This has been on the Timberline for about a month now, and I’m pretty impressed with the product. Highly recommend.

Installation was pretty straight forward. And if we ever move back to a state where front plates aren’t required, it’s easily removable and I don’t have to worry about filling in drill holes. 94A788BD-42CD-457D-8940-23D6DEBDDEE9.jpeg9DD2A8FD-57F1-4869-A58F-2EC8B741961A.jpeg1DE86B6C-6332-43FB-A86A-19778FBBA907.jpeg169DAB41-A4B5-4500-99A2-EE13D5AD3550.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score
Thats blocking the airflow to the Intercooler..... Of all things, why block that?
This was definitely a consideration, but it’s not like it’s completely blocked or something. Half of the plate is over the plastic, and the other half is covering, what, maybe 20-25% of the mesh? It’s looks “worse” in that last photo b/c it was taken from a low perspective, with wide-angle lens mode.

What’s more, the others on here with the factory bracket all complain about how (in addition to the drill holes) it sits way too high and how it should be mounted lower, where I have it. Even the factory bracket mounted higher in the intended location partially blocks that mesh.

There’s also about 6 inches of space between that mesh and the automatic louvers, and the intercooler/radiator sits behind that even more… so I’m pretty confident about airflow.

Last edited:

CharPatton

Reaction score

Attachments

• Grill.jpeg
    Grill.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Owner's Manual.png
    Owner's Manual.png
    207.7 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
TimberExpy

TimberExpy

Reaction score
it doesn’t block the sensors but will obstruct the intercooler intake partially - this is the case even with the OEM bracket. See this discussion in the post just before yours.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, @TimberExpy ! My sales guy was good enough to leave it up to me about installing the factory bracket, and I have - so far - chosen to run without the front plate even though my state requires it. This will be my fallback if I ever get hassled.