Timberline Sway Bar Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Defyant

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back and found some of my comments I shared with Hellwig:

The diameter of the Hellwig bar is 22mm and the OEM bar is 22mm

The weight of the Hellwig bar is exactly the same as the OEM bar - both indicated 10.6 lbs on my digital bathroom scale.

The Hellwig bar bolts to the end links in exactly the same manner as the OEM bar.

The Hellwig center bushings are approx 3” high the OEM bushings are approx 2” high.

These bars appear very similar so I was somewhat skeptical about any improvement - but I was pleasantly surprised - I don’t know if there is a difference in the steel or if the urethane center bushings you provided are much improved vs the factory rubber bushings? In any event it is cornering flatter than the OEM bar.

And note this is on a Timberline - I don't know the specs on a non Timberline Expedition.
Thank you for your reply. Ive been on the fence for quite awhile. Today I ordered front and rear Hellwigs for my Timberline. I agree I will lose some extreme off roading ability, but we tow about 7000 lbs. Any off roading we do is mild trails or slippery roads. We may get to some sand some day. Certainly not rock crawling this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImWearingPants