Timberline vs Z71 Tahoe 6.2

OP
OP
E

Expy Gator

Reaction score
Gearing makes a difference also. Your timberline has 3.73's where the tahoe probably has 3.42 or 3.23 gears.
That's very true but even when driving 35-40 mph I was surprised at the difference all the way up to 70

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I test drove a Denali with 6.2L in it and I wasn't impressed at all. All it did was make noise and not go anywhere. IF you revved it to the moon, then it would finally make some power!

Beachums

Reaction score
True indeed! The old paradigm
"there's no replacement for displacement" should be changed to
"there's no replacement for displacement, however, total performance may be significantly further enhanced with diverse boost technologies....":)
That's catchy..... look for it on a meme soon....

Last edited:

Pancho258

Reaction score
Recently went from an 18 Expedition Limited to the Timberline. The V6 is an excellent engine and out performs the 5 liter Ford. We also have an 18 F150 V8. V6 out performs.

maxlim2022

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recently went from an 18 Expedition Limited to the Timberline. The V6 is an excellent engine and out performs the 5 liter Ford. We also have an 18 F150 V8. V6 out performs.
the turbo V6 is great. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner under hard acceleration, but I digress....The performance is really good. very fitting that it is being used as a people mover, no need for hard accelerations all the time. Quiet, comfortable power, cruising effortlessly in high gear, that it does wonderfully.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually think the HO engine has a decent but very subtle exhaust note. I always wanted a little more from my F150 but have never heard a decent exhaust for the Ecoboost engine. I'm a little jealous of my wife's Expedition Max SPP.