Timing Cover Oil Leak on 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kodigray2015

Reaction score
Had my oil changed today and was looking under the vehicle with the tech for leaks and when the under engine cove was removed we noticed a small oil leak on each side of the timing cover.

Has anyone else seen timing cover oil leaked on the 4th Gen Expy’s?

I have an appointment tomorrow with the dealership to look at it. I have also had some rattles in the turbo I want them to look at along with the turbo gauge fluttering under light acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard of the timing cover leaking after a VCT replacement. It generally results from the mechanic either not get the sealing surfaces clean enough before applying sealant for reassembly—or—being too impatient and not letting the newly reassembled front cover cure long enough before starting the engine.

I’ve not heard of problems like that straight from the factory.

OP
OP
K

kodigray2015

Reaction score
Looking at the warranty repair history on it before I purchased it, there was no work done to the motor.

OP
OP
K

kodigray2015

Reaction score
Ok, took the expy to the dealer for this and also some waste gate rattle that I wanted checked.

The tech come across an odd issue. There are no turbo codes but boost is only hitting 20 psi tops and baseline at idle is 13.6 psi.

What is going on? He said it should be hitting 30-32 psi.

OP
OP
K

kodigray2015

Reaction score
Said they are going to replace left side turbo and check cats to make sure no issues there. Also going to do the timing cover leak if it is not within the Ford’s “not leaking enough policy”.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, took the expy to the dealer for this and also some waste gate rattle that I wanted checked.

The tech come across an odd issue. There are no turbo codes but boost is only hitting 20 psi tops and baseline at idle is 13.6 psi.

What is going on? He said it should be hitting 30-32 psi.

my boost gage has high limit of 20 psi. I rarely see boost exceeding 15 psi since new.

OP
OP
K

kodigray2015

Reaction score
Not leaking enough? A year old vehicle shouldn't be leaking at all, from anywhere.

I know, it is very annoying. Also Ford requires an oil leak to be dripping to be considered sufficient enough to fix. Luckily it had a couple drips on the bottom of the cover and they are going to fix it.

We went through this same BS with the Chevy Traverse we had before this car.

But they are also going to replace the left side turbo for waste gate rattle. I was under the impression that ford had mostly fixed this problem on the 19’s but I guess I was wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01